February 2016 BQNA Minutes

The following are the minutes from the BQNA board meeting that took place on February 18, 2016. It can also be downloaded as a PDF here.

 

Minutes of BQNA meeting – February 18, 2016. Recorded by Edie Steiner.

In attendance: Heather Johnson, Teresa Ascencao, Bob Kennedy, Edie Steiner.

New Members: Irene Pohjola, 500 Queens Quay West, and Ingrid van der Zande, Tip Top Condos

Call to order at 7:00 PM

  1. We approved the agenda. Moved by Bob, seconded by Teresa.
  2. We approved the minutes as amended by Bob and Teresa. Edie will send revised minutes to Teresa for posting to all BQNA member reps.
  3. Matters arising from the minutes: we discussed posting the minutes on the BQNA website. Teresa will confirm with the by-laws regarding this. If we do so, community members will always have easy access to our meeting proceeds, even if they don’t attend meetings as guests.
  4. BQNA Facebook postings: regarding advertising on our Facebook page, we agreed it will be alright for local independent businesses serving the Bathurst Quay Neighbourhood and based in the community to put an ad on our page.
  5. Blue Dot – David Suzuki Foundation – Right to a Healthy Environment http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2015.EX10.13
    • Toronto signed this agreement. How could Blue Dot affect the Bathurst Quay Neighbourhood Plan? We discussed adding a Health category to the official Bathurst Quay Neighbourhood Plan as a principle.
  6. Update on Bathurst Quay Neighbourhood Plan progress. We need to more clearly define terms such as ‘Health’ and ‘Green’. We discussed removing the term “Mixed Use” from the plan maps. We wish to replace the term “Mixed Use” with “Non-residential Arts & Culture” – services that benefit the local community. Heather will email Brent regarding the terms. We want to meet with Joe Cressy before the next public meeting in March, although due to strike action at City Hall this date is not yet established.
  7. Matters arising:
    • Bob stated concerns regarding Fleet Street traffic issues. There have been several studies but no action.

Next meeting: Heather is away on March 17, so we moved the next meeting to Thursday, March 24, 2016.

Meeting adjourned at 9:00 PM.